Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 6 months ago

what happens if i put wrong battery in my car? PLEASE HELP!?

My car was completely dead so i had to jump with my dad's car and ran into Sam's club. I have Toyota Corolla LE car but i don't why i accidentally told worker at the vehicle motor that I have Toyota Corolla SE. I guess they put SE new battery in my LE car. After they change the battery, my car engine was fine as usual and it does start. But I realized I was talking about the wrong car version to vehicle worker, when i just got home.

Is it okay to drive with this SE battery? Or should I go to Sam's club and change the right version?

I don't know if it's safe to have SE battery rather than LE.

Do you think it might have problem if I keep driving with wrong battery? I don't know SE battery has bigger size or smaller size then LE.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT WHAT I HAVE TO DO! I'm afraid that this will damage my car :((

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There is NO SUCH THING as an 'LE' battery or an 'SE' battery. There isn't even a 'Toyota' battery. Both of those vehicles and many other cars, many not made by Toyota use the same battery.

Besides, they replaced the battery with the same type as the one they replaced.

There are exactly 3 things that actually matter in automotive batteries for cars that are not electric.

1. Voltage.

2. CCA, aka Cold Cranking Amps.

3. Physical size.

The fact they were ABLE to install the battery means #3 is satisfied.

The fact the car started confirms #1, but nearly all car batteries are 12 volts.

The ONLY thing that COULD be different is #2, and that is NEVER different for different trim lines of the same base model.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Duck you MORON: Please note #3, which INCLUDES your concern, which isn't actually true.

• 6 months ago

Installing a larger-capacity battery changes the currents, which could lead to spikes and surges that may damage the on-board computer or fuse panel. You have a lower chance of damaging the computer, but with alternator failure, damage is still a possibility. The fuse panel likely will receive most of the damage.

• 6 months ago

should be just fine. same battery

• zipper
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

The battery will work just fine, both cars use the same size battery. And they both are 12 volt!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

If it fits and works, which it does, then it is 100% safe and fine.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

OMG!!! I can't believe you put a Limited Edition Battery in a Special Addition car!! What were you thinking!!???

Source(s): intense sarcasm
  • 6 months ago

They likely take the same battery.

The problem you're going to have is that if the battery was dead because the alternator was not charging the battery you're going to get stranded again.

Go to an auto parts store. Thy test the battery and charging system for free.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • 6 months ago

So long as the new battery has the same power rating as your old one there's nothing to worry about

• Percyqted
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

It's box-shaped and black what more do you need?

• don r
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

There is no problem, as long as the battery physically fits where it belongs.

• Mark
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

It will be the same battery. The wrong battery will probably not fit without some butchering of the terminals.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

There are ONLY 2 sizes of terminals. ALL top mounted terminals are the same and ALL side mounted terminals are the same.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.