can I switch from a 9x13 pan to a bundt pan?

Bad idea--it completely changes the cooking time and kind of cake. You'd have to double, maybe 2.5x-3 the cooking time...

Sure every box cake mix has times for 13X9 as well as Bundt pans. The time increases a bit not the temp.

Time for a 13X9 on the box I have is 23 to 28 and the time for a Bundt is 33 to 36

Just make sure you grease the pan well and flour it or use cocoa powder if you are making a chocolate cake. Another option that gives the cake a nice crunch is to dust the inside of the pan with granulated sugar. Sounds crazy but it does work.

• Janet

It might work.

A 9x13 pan means the dough is never too thick, and the heat reaches it rather evenly across the sheet.

A bundt pan is very tall YET there is that open space in the middle, allowing the heat to reach the ring evenly. Still, it is a bit thicker across the cake section, than you get with a sheet cake.

I have never tried what you are asking. And I don't like to change the parameters of a recipe unless I don't CARE if it turns out or not. I am happy to experiment is the cake can be thrown away without remorse if it doesn't work out.

I would be tempted to reduce the oven temp a bit and increase the cooking time.

BUT I think the BIGGEST problem will be getting the cake OUT of the bundt pan.

Bundt cake recipes are very firm cakes, and with proper pan preparation, the cakes WILL come out of the pan whole and intact. If you are making a regular type of cake (either from scratch or from a cake mix), it is quite possible your cake will fall apart when you try to remove the baked cake from the bundt pan.

I

You can only try.