Maira asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

If you mix chocolate powder into white cake mix will it make it a chocolate cake?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Cocoa powder yes, I bake by eye so I would swap out a tblsp of the flour and replace it with cocoa powder.

• 6 months ago

Use cocoa powder for better results.

Melted chocolate for even better results.

chocolate powder has little chocolate in it as well as sugars, milk powder, anti caking agents and not a lot of chocolate

• Janet
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

What do you mean by "chocolate powder"?

Like a pudding mix?

Like cocoa powder?

Use what the recipe calls for, and if you don't want to make a white cake, find a recipe for chocolate cake.

Or if you are working off of a boxed mix, go to the store and buy a chocolate cake mix.

(Boxed mixes make a cake that is very inferior, compared to homemade from-scratch cakes).

Cocoa has no sugar in it, and is very bitter if you don't adjust your sweetening.

If this is a cake mix, you cannot make it work out the way you want. Sweetening needs to be adjusted at the first step, where you "cream" together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.

• 6 months ago

it might but it will also yield a very dry cake.

Its better to follow a recipe for chocolate cake than to go off on your own, substituting if you don't know what you are doing and asking this question tells me that you do not know what you are doing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.