Is it rude to have someone besides your self bring a gift to someone for you? (You bought the gift, but can t give it to the gift reciever)?

I m probably just way overthinking this, but I got my boyfriend s dad a nice bottle of whiskey for his birthday, and I bought it like a month in advance. I m working all weekend/week and won t be able to give him his gift on his actual birthday, and would only be able to personally give it to him until after his... show more I m probably just way overthinking this, but I got my boyfriend s dad a nice bottle of whiskey for his birthday, and I bought it like a month in advance. I m working all weekend/week and won t be able to give him his gift on his actual birthday, and would only be able to personally give it to him until after his birthday. Should I have my boyfriend give him the gift on his actual birthday for me, or should I wait until after his birthday for sometime when I can give him his gift personally? I m clueless when it comes to gift-giving etiquette.