How should I spend two days in Anchorage, Alaska?

I will be in Anchorage Friday 30th August to Monday 2nd September, meaning that I have two full days to spend there (and two partial days either side). Hopefully I will see some of city itself on the day I arrive and leave, but how should I spend the full days to make the most of the surrounding area? My initial... show more I will be in Anchorage Friday 30th August to Monday 2nd September, meaning that I have two full days to spend there (and two partial days either side). Hopefully I will see some of city itself on the day I arrive and leave, but how should I spend the full days to make the most of the surrounding area? My initial thoughts is to spend one day doing a day trip down to Seward and, from there, the Kenai Fjords National Park, and the second day seeing Turnagain Arm and taking the Alyeska Resort Aerial Tram since these are both fairly near to Anchorage. Does this seem sensible? Also, I can see day trips to Seward and Kenai Fjords, but would also like to see the Alaska SeaLife Centre while I am there - is this feasible or do these trips not provide enough time to explore the area? Thanks!
1 answer 1