What is your suggestion on scoping a mosin nagant?

The rifle i want to put a scope on is a 91-30. I have looked at several and cannot make up my mind it looks costly any way i go. Really like the pu style but looks like opening up a can of worms. The band around the receiver type does not look very ridged and is ugly. The dovetail rear sight mount claims you do not... show more The rifle i want to put a scope on is a 91-30.
I have looked at several and cannot make up my mind it looks costly any way i go.
Really like the pu style but looks like opening up a can of worms.
The band around the receiver type does not look very ridged and is ugly.
The dovetail rear sight mount claims you do not ruin the value of the rifle but buying a long eye relief scope means extra purchase. I do not care about ruining the value of the rifle as long as it works good.
I have a drill press and hand drill motors and a little shop experience.
Also if i buy a pu scope should i get the one that has the tap and drill?
Update: I have no one blocked to my knowledge and if you feel you are blocked use the comment option. I feel that blocking people is a cheap shot and thats not me.thanks.
1 answer 1