Is this what the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" means?

I think it means that beauty is just an opinion. It's not a fact. Is that right?

Favorite Answer

That's right--beauty is subjective. Some people only find a person attractive if that person looks like a fashion model. Other people see a very ordinary looking person and think they are attractive because they believe they "are beautiful on the inside."

Also, everyone has their own type that they find attractive Some guys like dainty women, some guys like curvy women, some girls like polished looking men and some girls like rough looking men. There's no one standard of beauty, and even the same person can appreciate different types.

yes.....................................................

Beauty is subjective.

I have heard people call Emilia Clarke and Jennifer Lawrence pretty.

but I do not think Emilia Clarke and Jennifer Lawrence are pretty women.

hard to say..............................

• gerald

spot on its a whole set of emotions in one except its open to manipulation like the kings new cloths

• Sal*UK

Some people see beauty in something, others do not It depends on your point of view or persepctive. I hate snakes - others think they are beautiful. Therefore in their eyes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.