Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 6 months ago

Do blue eggs taste different to normal eggs? I bought them by accident?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Just a blue shell which is from the Arucana chicken nothing special about them no richer than an ordinary chickens egg. Because of the novelty of the light blue shell the producing company can rip people off by charging higher prices.

And you did not buy them by accident as they are usually packed in boxes which proclaim to the world the eggs within are blue.

So you bought them for the novelty then after buying the much higher price wondered if you had paid well over the odds for something you will not like!

• Clive
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No. Eggs are eggs and the colour of the shell only depends on the breed of chicken that laid them. What's inside is exactly the same.

There always used to be a thing about brown eggs being better than white, like brown bread is better for you than white, right? Now we know different - brown wholemeal bread is better than white because that gives you the whole grain, but that has no relevance to eggs. Blue eggs look interesting but that's only the shell, it's all the same inside.

• 6 months ago

Of course not. An egg is an egg.

• denise
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They sound like duck eggs, they are bigger & richer in flavor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They are from Arucana chickens. I always thought the yolks were a little richer.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

If you mean ordinary hens's eggs then the colour of the shell makes no difference to what's inside.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes, of course....

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I never heard or tasted “blue eggs”. Look them up or try them yourself to find out and see.

• ckngbbbls
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

they are just from a particular breed of chicken, which also lay green ones too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.