Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

About cats urine?

My male cat is about to be 1 year old this month he is not fixed and I think from yesterday I noticed too much meowing on the doors my female cat is in other room which door is closed and my cat was meowing there most of the time and sometimes at me or in kitchen today i noticed he went and peed for like 7 times small amount each time not very small u know what i mean he did in sand box because it’s near the room which he meowing one time he peed out of sandbox near it im so scared i call the vet and asked him he said he is spraying because he is adult now if u don’t want this problem fix him but still im scared is it possible for him to do that ? I don’t want it to be urine infection or something he urines out of litter box once in moon he always go in litterbox or my sofa sometimes he tries to mate with toy I understand that he is adult from 5 months old but still doesn’t mark with urine except sometimes in sofa so that was good thing and yesterday also i saw pee on my sofa i will keep eye on him see if he gets normal but is it possible that he is marking but in the litter box ???

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

He is a mature male that is marking his territory. He will NOT stop and it will get worse if he is not neutered immediately. Call your vet and get him neutered this week or next. And spay your female too.

• 6 months ago

your vet is right.

get him fixed

• 6 months ago

Getting the important part out of all that, which wasn't easy since you didn't use any punctuation......if a cat is having trouble peeing it needs to see a vet immediately. A blockage in the urinary tract can be fatal, and fairly quickly. When you are at the vet with the cat, ask for advice about the marking.

• J C
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You have two issues here - one is that he MUST be neutered. The other is he is showing signs of a urinary tract infection, perhaps leading into a blockage. A blockage is an emergency - if he cannot pee, his bladder will fill until it bursts, and he will die a painful death. Watch him carefully - if he jumps into the box frequently and only a few drops or nothing comes out, he needs a trip to the emergency vet - immediately. If he's still going then call your regular vet on Monday and insist he be seen - they do take emergency appointments. While you are there, make an appointment to get him neutered. He could have/should have been neutered prior to reaching 6 months old, there was no excuse for waiting. He is not marking territory in his box - he is trying to tell you that something is wrong.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Raven
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

This marking will only get worse. Neuter both cats, they will be happier and your house will be cleaner and stink-free.

• 6 months ago

He is marking because he is an entire male dominated by his hormones that are raging because he knows there is a femals nearby.

Get them both neutered asap so they can relax.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Oh for god's sake get him neutered!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.