I want to be lawyer when I'm older and I'm in middle school. Is there any way I can prepare for law school ?

• Frank

You do not want to be a lawyer. Lawyers are miserable people.I suggest that you intern how lawyers office during the summer when you get into high school and have your own drivers license to find out what the law office is really all about.

• Lauren

1. Focus on your studies and doing well through middle/high school.

2. Figure out which law school or schools you would want to apply to. Typically in-state schools are the cheapest. Go to their website and read what preparations you need. This is way in advance at this point, but it's good to know what you will need to do in the future so that there are no surprises.

3. Try to enjoy middle school for now. It can be discouraging looking at all of the steps ahead of you, so to some extent, taking things one day at a time can help. Having your goals in mind will help you to stay focused, and that's great.

read a LOT. Increase the difficulty of the material you are reading. Law is a very verbal subject and the greater your vocabulary, the better.

Helps to learn some Latin as well. If that's not on offer at your school, French will have to suffice. [many legal terms are in Latin. French is derived from Latin. Some terms are similar.]

Source(s): grampa -- married 32 years to professor of education
  • audrey

Main thing right now is to keep your grades up so you can get into the best college.

You don't get in law school straight out of high school, bud.