Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 5 months ago

I blocked my boyfriend instead of breaking up with him. Was I wrong?

I flew where he lives with family but of course to visit him as well. It’s my second time flying over to see him. He’s never come here. He knew in advance for 5 months and we were excited. Come to find out he didn’t take any time off for me. 0. I was so upset. I asked him to at least visit me but he said he couldn’t drive an hour and he expected me to. But I’m not from there, I don’t own a car either. He blamed me for it all. He said, I should’ve asked him to pick me up but I asked him to come visit me and he said no. Im lost. I was so heartbroken. I flew all the way there. He went on about how my feelings were BS and I was in the wrong. I couldn’t get to him and had nothing else to say. I’m so confused and angry. I couldn’t argue anymore. I just flew back and we haven’t spoken. I blocked him tonight. I just have nothing to argue about anymore. I’m lost for words.

• Foofa
    Best Answer

Yes, you should be strong enough to end the relationship instead of just trying to fade away. But he'll probably get the point anyway. Maybe in the future don't get into LDRs because those are nearly impossible even for the most devoted.

• Alan H

Not so much wrong as childish

You need to move on.

If he actually loved he hadnt lost you

You did the right thing by blocking him. He now knows that your message is clear and that you broke up with him. And don't unblock him. What he did was wrong. He couldn't care for you that much if he treated you like that. Turn the page and move on. Don't ever get involved again in a long distance relationship because they don't last.

He has found someone else. Long distance relationships seldom last.