Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 6 months ago

Help me, start of period or pregnant?

So I have been taking hormonal birth control (the pill) for a couple of months now. I have never missed a day and take it same time everyday. A couple of weeks ago my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex but it was very short and he didn’t ejaculate at all. Now I’m day 29 on my cycle and I’m day 5 on my sugar pill and I’ve gotten spotting. When I wipe it’s pink and have some light brown/wine coloured discharge. I’ve read this could be implantation bleeding but then I read it could just be a period but it’s spotting due to the birth control. Please help. I’m very worried and stressed :(

Favorite Answer

Can I ask how many days have you been spotting like this? Considering that he didn’t ejactualte inside of you and you’ve been taking your birth control correctly for a few months, it’s very unlikely that you’re pregant. The first year of taking birth control can be a pretty bumpy ride. Your body has to get used to the hormones. It’s totally normal for your periods to be irregular while your body is still getting used to the pill. Also, stress can cause your period to be late. If your period ends up being a week late, I would take 2 to 3 early response pregnancy tests just to be absolutely sure you’re not pregnant.

• Tatiana6 months agoReport

This very well be just a change in your men’s teal cycle due to the birth control. But if you’re still worried, take a few early response pregnancy tests to ease your mind in 4-6 days

It's likely not pregnancy. Taken as directed, the pill is highly effective.

• Pippin

Implantation bleeding is a drop of two of blood.

Women spot. It happens for dozens of reasons or not reason. Implantation bleeding is one of the LEAST common reasons for it, and it's really silly to leap to the conclusion that you are pregnant because you are spotting.

And not clear what you mean by 'I had unprotected sex.' You are ON BIRTH CONTROL. By definition, when you are ON BIRTH CONTROL, sex is PROTECTED. That's what birth control IS!

While a missed or very, very light period while on the pill CAN mean you are pregnant, if you took all your pills correctly, the risk would be very, very low. More likely you are just having a very light bleed or missing one. It happens.

You could test to set your mind at ease, but I very much doubt you are pregnant.

• Sophie6 months agoReport

Thank you so much! I know I sound quite silly but I just can’t help but stress. But thank you!