Can an employer make you resign due to an illness that causes inability to perform duties?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

If you're that sick, get immediately on Disability!

• 6 months ago

If your illness prevents you from fulfilling the duties you were employed to do then your employer is legally within his/her rights to ask you to leave but if you decline then they are legally within their rights to dismiss you.

Although it is a sad fact of life you have to remember that if you are unable to fulfil your duties your employer needs an employee who can.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes. Inability to do your job is grounds for dismissal. No matter what the reason.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Hmmm baby I don't understand this You're changing I can't stand it my heart can't take this damage and the way I feel can't stand it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Yes, they will ask for resignation because they love with their business and productivity only not with employee and his status.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes, but you should get a severance package of some sort. You aren't just fired. UK at least.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

If you can't do your job anymore they are going to either finish you or insist you seek help for that illness depending on who you work for and where on this planet you live.

Why would an employer continue to pay an employee that cannot do what they are paid to?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.