Can an employer make you resign due to an illness that causes inability to perform duties?

If you're that sick, get immediately on Disability!

If your illness prevents you from fulfilling the duties you were employed to do then your employer is legally within his/her rights to ask you to leave but if you decline then they are legally within their rights to dismiss you.

Although it is a sad fact of life you have to remember that if you are unable to fulfil your duties your employer needs an employee who can.

• audrey

Yes. Inability to do your job is grounds for dismissal. No matter what the reason.

Hmmm baby I don't understand this You're changing I can't stand it my heart can't take this damage and the way I feel can't stand it

Yes, they will ask for resignation because they love with their business and productivity only not with employee and his status.

Yes, but you should get a severance package of some sort. You aren't just fired. UK at least.

If you can't do your job anymore they are going to either finish you or insist you seek help for that illness depending on who you work for and where on this planet you live.

Why would an employer continue to pay an employee that cannot do what they are paid to?