Has anyone had this problem & how did you fix it?

(1) I set up my FB account so that it doesn't recognize my browser. This allows me to have FB use my Cell # to text me a security code so that I can access my account. (2) Because I have set it up this way, Facebook IMMEDIATELY sends an email to me saying that someone from an unknown browser is trying to access... show more (1) I set up my FB account so that it doesn't recognize my browser. This allows me to have FB use my Cell # to text me a security code so that I can access my account. (2) Because I have set it up this way, Facebook IMMEDIATELY sends an email to me saying that someone from an unknown browser is trying to access my account. (3) I went to log into my email to see if such a message had been sent. For SOME reason the password for my email account was wrong. I then had to make a new email password. AFTER DOING SO, there WAS NO message saying that someone was trying to get into my FB account. (4) FB claims they don't have the # to text security code AND to log in from a familiar computer which doesn't make sense because FB allowed me to set it up the way that I did, Other people I know have done the same thing. (4) FB said to take pic of my license OR gov't document that has my picture on it so that they can confirm it's me. I DON'T have a profile picture, I HAVE a picture of my Dog! (5) I DON'T want to send a company such as FB any personal information since they have a hard enough time keeping private things private. SOMETIME last year FB had thousands of their users passwords stolen. I WAS ONE OF THEM. ACCORDING to FaceBook's help page, if I set up security the way they suggested, I'd be safe. Somehow, my cell number has been removed and in the process my email account password was no longer correct. Very strange.
1 answer 1