Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 5 months ago

Water leaking both ceiling and fan but parents won t fix it.?

most of the time when it rains, water is leaking from both the ceiling and the fan in my bedroom upstairs at my parents house. I don t have money or a job to fix it and my parents don t want to fix it. I found online that this is really dangerous and could cause mold, ceiling collapse, electric fire and shock. Idk what to do

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best Answer

I've lived in a place like that except it didn't have the luxury of a ceiilng fan or light. Yes, it is a hazard and it sucks that it leaks and isn't being fixed.

I tied strings to screws I put in the ceiling which led the water into buckets and trashcans so that it wouldn't make dripping noises.

• In
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Get a job and move your lazy butt out.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I think the ROOF needs to be REPAIRED!

Your parents sound like a couple of real slugs!

• 5 months ago

Oh wow that's awful. So sorry that you are in that situation. Your parents are kind of being morons not fixing it. Even if they have to borrow money, they should fix it.

A small leak can end up causing so much more damage.

It will end up costing thousands and thousands of dollars to fix something that right now only would cost about $300-500.

It will eventually cause mold, which is bad for your health, and wood rot, and drywall destruction.

I hope that they smarten up and fix it.

Also, water and electricity do not mix. How could they just leave it like that? Water getting into the fan?? Man!!

You know they can get in trouble by Child Protective Services by allowing such a situation in an underage person's room?!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Im still a kid and I'm not old enough to move out and get a job

• In
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Are you the person asking the original question? If you are, then go back and edit your question and you will find that you will get different answers.

• 5 months ago

move out. or if you no longer live there, don't stay overnight.

on a different note -- why won't they fix the roof? It pretty plainly needs work and the longer they go without doing something, the worse the situation is going to get.

suggestion: handyman. They need someone to check the roof. there are a variety of less than redo the roof repairs possible. Some of them might last for years.

Source(s): granddad
  • 5 months ago

Get a job and support your own kids by providing them with a home instead of faffing around with fantasy medieval universe(s) and living with their grandparents

• Girlie Electrics
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

That wasn't what your Q&A profile revealed before you made it private...

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Move out and discover all about your own responsibilities.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The roof is leaking and that can cost thousands of dollars to fix if your parents don't have homeowners insurance. If they have insurance they will probably have a deductible of $500-$1000, but a new roof is cheaper than a new house.

• Snezzy
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Insurance may cover catastrophic storm damage but will not cover neglect. Your roof has been neglected. Anyone who neglects the roof is setting himself up to lose the entire building.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.