promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

So i bought a 2004 Acura rsx type s with 220k miles on it so would it be hard to buy the exact same engine with less miles and swap it?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

No. It will be fairly easy to find a replacement K20A2 engine and swap it out. However, if the current engine is running fine, the engine can go a lot further without needing replacement if the engine has been properly cared for.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 12 months ago

Congratulations - you are now the proud owner of an old car!

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Since the K20Z1 engine was only used in the RSX and Integra Type S models for two model years, it's not going to be easy at all. You'd be far better off rebuilding it, which ain't gonna be cheap. Don't forget that there's more to a car than the engine. The transmission and suspension are probably worn out too. You're looking at spending quite a pile of money that would be better spent on a newer vehicle with wide parts availability. My advice is to sell it to some other sucker.

• ...Show all comments
    • Terrence B
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

If it's in bad shape, someone will buy it as a project car. That's the thing that amazes me about Hondas/Acuras. Many will buy it like this for a low price and build it up .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.