Beginner at smoking weed?

So ,I am going through depression and I heard that weed helps. i live in California. I know that I can go to a dispensary but I am not sure what to do after wards. Do I just walk in and ask for weed? I want a pen , but what’s the right thing to call it? I don’t want to look stupid so If someone could educate me on how to properly ask for weed , I’d appreciate it greatly .what do I do after I walk in a dispensary?

I don't believe that weed is good for depression. Whatever it is that is bringing you down will start to feel heavier. Vitamins seem to work much better.

Not against weed, I'm just saying.

Well first (unless it’s different from Colorado) they’ll ask for your ID to see if you’re old enough. What you’re looking for is a dab pen. They’re really helpful people just tell them what you want and if you still have more questions they definitely will have all the answers. Hope you have brighter days ahead!

LOL you don't just walk into a dispensary, you still need your rec card.

Are you a hippie?