Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 6 months ago

Any Tips for Me To Play FS better?

Ok I m entering my freshman year and my coaches have me at FS. I ve never played FS(or any position in the secondary for that matter). I m not the biggest guy, I m only 5 5 and 145 lbs. However, I m one of the fastest players out of all the freshman. I could use any tips guys.

Favorite Answer

Your coaches will teach you. What coverage do you run? If you're in man coverage, then the nearest lineman and your man to cover should be your reads. In zone it's probably the lineman you're across from. Be ready to come up to support on runs.

When I played, the free safety was covering the tailback or halfback on most plays so usually he had the deep middle on a pass since the back usually blocked. In zone coverage, he had the deep middle.

Be sure to hustle during offensive practice too. You never know when you might get called to play there too.

• danxp2

Your coaches aren't helping you? Then stop playing.