Anti depressant PROZAC question?

About 3 weeks ago i finished tapering off Effexor. I felt a bit depressed and anxious but otherwise I was fine in terms of withdrawals. A little over a week ago my doctor pressured me to go on Prozac 20mg daily. I took the medication for five days but I had to stop because I wasn't coping with the side effects.... show more About 3 weeks ago i finished tapering off Effexor. I felt a bit depressed and anxious but otherwise I was fine in terms of withdrawals. A little over a week ago my doctor pressured me to go on Prozac 20mg daily. I took the medication for five days but I had to stop because I wasn't coping with the side effects. It gave me bad diarrhoea, water retention/ bloating, I couldn't sleep and it messed with my head... A LOT. It messed with my cognitive health so much that I couldn't even concentrate when I was trying to study and it honestly made me feel like I was going insane. It has been four days since I took my last dose of Prozac and now I feel just as crappy. Im struggling to even type this because my brain just isn't working properly. I haven't been able to drive or study because of this. my doctor is away on vacation at the moment so I cant contact her. HOW LONG WILL I FEEL LIKE THIS!!?? I seriously feel like Ive lost my mind. I have been sleeping for 12+ hours a night and am incredibly fatigued during the day. arghh
1 answer 1