Need advice about first apartment?

Hello! I am 18 years old and my close friend and I are looking at apartments. She suggested getting a small personal loan to help with the initial start up of moving in, paying the deposit and first month, which we would obviously be paying back every month. She already has money saved, I already have money saved... show more Hello! I am 18 years old and my close friend and I are looking at apartments. She suggested getting a small personal loan to help with the initial start up of moving in, paying the deposit and first month, which we would obviously be paying back every month. She already has money saved, I already have money saved just not quite enough. Is a loan a good possible idea? Her credit is ok, I don t have credit as I ve only had a phone bill which I pay on time/early every month. Are there any other ways we could go about this? What does everyone suggest with start up costs, money, etc? All advice is helpful, thank you in advance, I m just making sure all possibilities are thought of!
28 answers 28