What if all I want to do is disown my parents?

They were never abusive. In fact, they were loving parents. I just want to cut them out of my life forever. I don't ever want to see them again. I reject love because I can. I simply wish to part with it for good. Just me, myself and I.

Best Answer

You yourself and I will be a very lonely individual in life without your parents, family, friends, work colleagues etc.

If you think you could exist without anyone else whatsoever in your life, you are very much mistaken.

Everyone needs someone in this world. God made us that way because no one person alone can do everything they need to do for their own self.

That's why so many different stores and craftsman exist for every job under the sun. One person can't mend their taps, their boiler if it goes wrong, do their own decorating, grow their own cows to kill and eat, grow their own food including fruits from different countries such as tropical fruits, nuts etc

One person just cannot physically do it all. You can't even have a child without a spouse. You can't have clean water without the water board and sewerage folks who clean everything.

We can't make our own soap powders/washing up liquid,,soaps, creams, cleaning materials etc., even though you can use lemons or vinegar, where would you get the vinegar from and you can't grow your own lemons.

Then there is when sickness or disease hits. You aren't a surgeon who can pull out your own teeth, cut cataracts off your own eyes, surgically remove your own tumour if you get one, or set your own broken leg and plaster it.

So be careful about how many folks you dismiss from your life. There will sure to be someone you will need some day - even if not now whilst you are still young, fit and able to be a bit independent. That will not last for ever.

A friend of mine suddenly got Motor Neurone Disease and was unable to use his hands, feet or legs. He had to have everything done for him as he couldn't even eat without someone feeding him or breathe without a tube and oxygen supplies. What would you do in those circumstances?

If you ever have an accident you will need someone to rescue you perhaps from a mountain or the roadside in a road traffic accident or whatever. Anyway humans die without company. We all need each other.

It's actually a natural cycle of life. Don't feel bad. Even animals reach a point in their lives when they no longer want anything to do with their parents. It's called weening. With humans it might seem a little more dramatic and unusual because we can communicate our feelings in different ways. But it's the same. It's natural to reach a point where you no longer want your parents in your life.

Later, you might feel differently.

Thirty years from now when your children want to disown you, you'll be thinking, "I did this to my parents? What a piece of crap I am."

Weird, it's been the opposite experience with me. My dad left us when I was 14, and my mom wrote us off twice -- and I wouldn't even fathom of doing that to them. If anything, love has failed me more than love has been faithful to me. You are blessed if you have people willing to be loyal to you... because not all people have that.

Move out and move under the nearest bridge....make them happy!

Sit on it and rotate, Sophie.

Many children possessed with a contrary spirit can feel this way but have Understanding (your Kinswoman) in knowing that what you wish will eventually happen with disastrous results. Consider and know that God is Love and this Love you want to shed out of your life is the essence of your being and all that is good.

Oh, do stop posting this trash, Sophie.

• Dr.Troll's

She is, in fact, not sofie.Her posts are at least one level up of those from sofie, she doesn't hide her activity and there is no trademark "****. ***etc" in comments.But mistake is understandable, I mixed up her as well in the beginning

Move out and ask them not to contact you. Need space.

Maybe move out of the basement