Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 6 months ago

Why does society in general condone the shaming of men who choose to date women who are much younger than them?

Who cares if they are shallow? Is the sex consensual between two adults? Yes? Then let it be.

Favorite Answer

male sexuality is generally shamed while female sexuality is praised and celebrated... when women do it they are cougars but when men do it theyre creeps... in our society, women are praised for having sex, but men are shamed for it

• Foofa

To be more accurate...men who get a bad rap for dating much younger women have usually left a woman their own age to do so. It's not so much whom they're now dating but that they abandoned their family to date that person. Few if any raise an eyebrow if a 40 year-old virgin takes up with a 19 year-old. It's just the guy who dumped his college sweetheart and their kids for a cocktail waitress who gets righteously called out.

• alexander6 months agoReport

later and she never stopped trashing him about it. Also these cougars only exist in very wealthy circles or in Hollywood. in the least of the world they only have asex with younger men when they are drunk at last call.

• Jack

"Why does society in general condone the shaming of men who choose to date women who are much younger than them?"

Society in general condones the shaming of men for almost any reason imaginable. Lets get that out of the way right off the bat.

As for the specific situation you've outlined, I suspect men that participate in such shaming may, at their core, be jealous of male counterparts dating women much young (and I expect more attractive) than women their own age, while women who look down on such men could do so for a number of reasons.

Perhaps there's some bitterness amongst older women that they are being bypassed for a younger model, or perhaps they regard those men as using their age and resources to manipulate younger and financially settled women.

"Who cares if they are shallow? Is the sex consensual between two adults? Yes? Then let it be."

Fair point, but imagine if you were the parent of a daughter who, upon reaching adulthood, started dating a man your age or older.

I mean I'll be honest: if my niece introduced me to a boyfriend who was twice her age or more, it would be hard for me to not believe that she was being taken advantage of.

I'm 48 and really young men hit on me constantly now I am a widow because husband died at age 48 (four years ago) I've decided I don't think I want an older guy I just can't get attracted to them but I don't trust the guys in their 20s that hit on me seems they want FWB maybe so maybe I'll go for a guy in his 30s or a guy that has only just turned 40? There's so much choice out there it's crazy.

Because feminazis hate heterosexuality

It’s disgusting.. pedophilia

What about if he age gap was 16 year old and a 49 year old?

• mic6 months agoReport

as long as its the women who is 16. 49 year old women cannot even have children

• Bill

I'm 36 and dating a 23 year old. I don't care if people like my relationship or not. Saying that, I haven't been shamed for it by anyone.

Edit: Liz, Emmanuel's wife is questioned because she's a pedophile that married her victim. She was also his school teacher at the time when they first started seeing each other. If it was just the age difference she would get no where near the amount of crap she does.

Edit2: Good lord, that's messed up. She was in her thirties and sleeping with what is the equivalent of a ninth grader in the US. She was not only acting unprofessionally by sleeping with one of her students, but acting as the female equivalent of Roy Moore by having sex with a younger teenager. Oh and yes, Roy Moore lost an election due to this kind of behavior, so it has nothing whatsoever to do with the assailant in this case being a woman.

Also, pedophilia is not a crime in the first place, but a mental condition.

I'm also taking note of your approving of female teachers taking advantage of their authority over students and having sex with teenage boys.

I don't think they are much "shamed," or that society much cares.

• Laura6 months agoReport

Maybe, maybe not. Who cares? My ex-husband was 14 years older and no one ever said anything about it to us.

Would you snicker at a woman dating a much younger man ?