Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 6 months ago

my computer won’t turn on? please help what do i do?

so i’m 16 and my 2008 imac i’ve had since 2010 wont turn on?? one day i put it to sleep and it wouldn’t wake up. i tried replugging it in and nothing! there’s no sound or anything in the computer. i tried opening it up and taking the hard drive out and throwing it away which still isn’t working. help?

Favorite Answer

toss it and get a new one

• Lv 7

Apple does recycle programs.

Probably the psu

• martin

You'll thank yourself once you buy a new computer. If you have any money saved, it's worth it to get a good hp for about 400. Since you're 16, you may want to tell your story to your parents and hope they'll help you out with a new computer. Be good and do your homework, and not too much game playing on the computer.

Today I took one of my computers apart. I salvaged my RAM, and hard drive.

I gave you a clue above what to look into next.

Why did you through away your hard drive? You need that you idiot!

Without a hard drive then you WILL NOT be able to turn on your computer.

Since you threw it out, then try replacing your hard drive with a new one to see if that makes any difference.

I think it's possible that a different part of your computer is no longer working. I think it's hard to tell without being able to touch your computer.

If I were you I would do process of elimination. My next thought would be to check the computer's power supply.

I don't know if your computer gets hot. If it does then this might be another reason why it won't turn on.

One of my computers was heating up, and I saw where it was heating up. One part of my computer's mother board was heating up, and there was nothing that I can do about it, so I destroyed my computer.

Drop it in the toilet.

I have the newest MacBook bro, and I am 16. My parents just bought me it. They get me the new iPhone each year as well.

I will be getting a job soon, but my parents will still give me an allowance of $80 every 2 weeks.

• Shadow6 months agoReport

Congrats you spoilt brat. You shouldn't be so proud of being spoilt. You should work and earn your stuff. If you do and you have earned them, then that's different but to be just given it is not something to gloat about.

You probably got a lot of viruses from surfing porn sites. But since you threw away your hard drive, your PC won't work for sure. You will have to get a summer job and save up for a new one. Your parents probably won't pay for it since you keep getting into trouble for disrespecting your teachers.

They think you're a brat.

• Shadow6 months agoReport

Sorry, how do you know any of this from the question that allows you to make such accusations? Shame on you!

All old things come to an end. I'm surprised it lasted that long...