Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

How to stop being a jerk?

Lately I can’t seem to be friendly with anyone. I am a somewhat intimidating looking person and my resting face always makes me appear angry even when I’m not. Because of this, everyone treats me badly, but it’s always behind my back. Like, I’ll overhear someone saying “whats that dudes problem?”, and I can’t help but turn and glare at them. Like, I was doing just fine and was in a good mood actually before I heard that thankyou very much. It’s gotten to the point where I just assume everyone thinks of me this way. I’ve started thinking “what’s the point of trying to be nice when everyone is gonna think you’re an asshole because of how you look”. I think I’d be better off just being mean to everyone.

Stop overthinking, let people talk all they want without allowing them to affect you. You are in control of your own mind, redirect it. Care less what they say.

• Andy C

Try...acting like a decent person.