Atheists, you're as much believers as theists. You believe in science in matters that science wasn't able to figure out yet?

So how could you claim intellect over theists if you believe blindly in science even though it failed to answer a simple question like how the universe was formed from nothing

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Atheism has nothing to do with science. One does not need any knowledge of, nor even interest in, science to be an atheist.

While I have a couple science degrees, that's naught to do with my atheism. And I don't "believe blindly in science", but I do trust the scientific method. I understand how it works and why it works.

Science isn't invalidated merely because there are questions science hasn't answered yet.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Correction, atheism is just a lack of belief in god. Not believing in something isn't a belief.

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

There can never be truly nothing - you seem confused....

• 6 months ago

I don't believe in believing in stuff.

I'll take testable knowledge, every time,

and still reserve a bit of doubt.

Science is not a method

for proving any explanation

is absolutely true and correct.

Science is a method that proves

that some explanations have to be mistaken,

because they are contradicted

by measurable reality.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Doc
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

How was god formed from nothing ? If it's possible for him, why not the universe ?

• 6 months ago

I get your point: Whenever science doesn't yet fully explain something, that's evidence for the existence of God. This kind of reasoning leads to "the God of the gaps." Apparently you're OK with the God of the gaps, though that doesn't seem very Christian to me.

• 6 months ago

WOW, a new level of fundie stupidity.

• Rolexeo6 months agoReport

Stop liking your own comments you militant atheist retard

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I do not "believe in science", imbecile. I utilize the scientific method to determine what is and is not real.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I believe in what's proven.

• poldi2
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It is not believing blindly in science, it is accepting the facts that science finds.

That is nothing like believing in some god without any evidence that god exists.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.