East asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

Mother keeps telling me that a few relatives think I’m wonderful, but they’re total jerks to me. OK to call her out on that?

My father and uncle are total jerks to me. At least my uncle doesn’t like me. That’s fine by me: they’ve always been like that and I have other wonderful friends and family members.

My mother keeps telling me that my father and uncle care so much about me and think I’m wonderful. Whatever. Either my mother is delusional or is saying a white lie.

Next time she says that, OK to say something like, “Oh, that’s so kind of you to say that” or “yes, wouldn’t that be nice” to let her know that I know that she’s making those statements up?

Favorite Answer

Why don't you just ask her why she says these things when these relatives are jerks to you and clearly based on their actions she is wrong.

i probably just wouldnt say anything