Do you consider "Sabotage" to be one of Black Sabbath's best albums?

• Andrew
    Favorite Answer

In all honesty, I've always felt that it's one of the weakest offerings of the first 8 they did with Ozzy. The debut is just iconic, it's a metal classic. "Paranoid" is arguably the best heavy metal record of all time. "Master of Reality" is terrific, lots of great hooks. "Vol. 4" isn't as polished, it sounds really gritty and almost discombobulated, but it's got real raw charm to it. "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath" is really weak production-wise - the guitar sound is really thin and there are a few real clinkers on there that are essentially just filler. "Sabotage" gets a lot of attention because it's a bit more experimental, and while some of it worked, a lot of it didn't. "Hole in the Sky", "Symptom of the Universe" and "The Writ" are great, but the rest of the record is merely decent, nothing special. It's leagues better than "Technical Ecstasy" or "Never Say Die."

one of them yes

I really only like their earliest stuff. I hate the Ozzy and Dio solo music.

Yes. Its also one that sounds the least dated of their classic period.

Source(s): 79

Not really is 6th or 7th best

I would say so. My friends don't think, but at least I agree.