Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesChevrolet · 6 months ago

I have a 1982 chevy c10 short bed mild 350 engine dual plane intake and a comp xe256 cam kit, will a bigger stall give better acceleration?

if so what stall do you recommend my motor also has a edelbrock 650 avs2 carburetor. comp 1.52 ratio roller tip rocker arms. my rear gears are unknown im guessing 2.73s

• Cody
    Favorite Answer

Only because the engine will have to be at higher rpms to deliver power to the rest of the drivetrain. A numerically higher rear gear will give better acceleration at less cost to driveability, but too high and you'll lose highway cruising. 3.73 is a pretty happy medium usually.

That's called ''polishing a turd''. Stop wasting your hard earned money.

2.73 is more for the highway. If you are just using this toy to burn up the streets, 3.73 (or there abouts) would give you way more acceleration off the line.

I like to think so because the engine calculated to the street.

probably, yes ...............................OR higher ring & pinion .......................