Drugs: disease or choice? If you knowingly take something that can be addictive isn't that a choice?

It can be both. Alcoholics have a disease which makes it harder for them to choose to stay sober, but many have successfully chose sobriety despite the call. I suspect the same thing with drugs. Some get introduced to drugs legally for pain, where the choice is pain or drugs. It's the fact that drugs can effectively work, not just on physical pain but emotional pain as well. The catch is that it can only do this temporarily where the body adjusts and needs more and more drugs to accomplish the same effect until there is no more good effect to be had and now it is time to pay the devil his dues.

• Bill

yes -it is a choice and a bad one at that

but it again gives you a second choice --to stop using

Everything is choice.

Choice is a consideration of course, but there are some who appear to also be genetically and/or socially inclined to abuse alcohol and drugs.

These things appear to run in families as a sort of generational curse - perpetrating a familial cycle of sin. See:

Exo 20:5 I visit the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exo 20:6 And I shew mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Of course God judges us for our choices - so abstain from these. Get help if you need it.

AA, NarcAnon, etc

Eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

BOTH! .........................

Anyone who makes an informed decision to do significant longterm harm for a short term high, is a loser.

But BigPharma wants us to think it’s a disease so they profit from selling g the treatment

junkies are just weak people, totally their choice .................................

Everything in life is determined by choice including death and disease.

It's rare for people to be responsible enough to admit that.