Insomnia: How do you get to sleep when you get yourself in that vicious cycle of stress/anxiety and not sleeping?

I have struggled falling asleep since I was at least 9. It has taken me years of practise and therapy to get to where I am and now I can fall asleep within an hour most nights which is pretty good. But some nights my anxiety is through the roof and my heart beats like crazy and I get all sweaty. The longer I'm... show more I have struggled falling asleep since I was at least 9. It has taken me years of practise and therapy to get to where I am and now I can fall asleep within an hour most nights which is pretty good. But some nights my anxiety is through the roof and my heart beats like crazy and I get all sweaty. The longer I'm awake the more stressed I get and the cycle goes on until I burst into tears and crash usually between 2am and 5am. I've tried meditating, listening to calm music and white noises, scented pillow spray, you name it. Some nights I genuinly cannot sleep.

So my question is: how do you get to sleep/what's your method if you're stressed or having anxiety to the point where you're shaking? How do you calm your head long enough to fall asleep?

I feel like I've tried everything by this point and I'm writing this at 2am desperate for any kind of help.