My wife went to Los Angeles to visit her sick sister and now there's whole lot of drama. Should i accompany her next time or our sons.?

Going to try to make this short and sweet but My wife's sister is severely sick with cancer. Her daughter is taking care of her in LA and it's pretty hard trying to take care of someone who's sick, it's very draining. My wife's side of the family lives in LA. Everyone knows it's not cheap... show more Going to try to make this short and sweet but My wife's sister is severely sick with cancer. Her daughter is taking care of her in LA and it's pretty hard trying to take care of someone who's sick, it's very draining. My wife's side of the family lives in LA. Everyone knows it's not cheap to go there especially since she was gone for two weeks, so we saved money for months for her plane ticket, food, any activities she would want to do etc etc. The first week she stayed with her nieces and nephews and she appeared to be enjoying herself with her nieces and nephews. It seemed as though it was the happiest she was in a while. I received pictures of her having fun in the casinos, going to the beach, getting her nails done, and the like.She was smiling a lot and laughing a lot in some videos I saw of her as well. It was the second week she was there that drama started happening. The second week she relocated to stay with her sister's daughter and i really don't know every single detail of went down because i wasn't there BUT my wife called me at 4 am saying that her and her sister's daughter got into a physical fight. I was and i'm STILL livid about the situation and my son was livid too. When my son found out my wife got hit he was so angry he punched the wall. apparently my wife's sister did not want her staying at her apartment because she paid 3,000 in rent and her boyfriend paid money as well. I'm not sure what her boyfriend has to do with the situation.
Update: I called my daughter and told her about the situation even though my daughter and wife don't get along because my wife used to hit her and be emotionally and physically abusive. My daughter said that my wife probably pushed her buttons and tried to control her in her own home.
Update 2: My wife was always controlling and such to our daughter but I thought for sure that her and her family in LA got along wonderfully
Update 3: I told my wife that the next time she goes to LA she won't be going alone, either me or our two sons will accompany her. This entire situation is insane