Lady asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

What is a delicious and cheap dessert to make at home?

• Mog
    Favorite Answer

My mom likes to make “icebox dessert.” It’s a layer of graham cracker crumbs, a layer of whipped cream, a layer of canned crushed pineapple, another layer whipped cream, and another layer of graham cracker crumbs.

She also makes fudgy cookies called “no-bake cookies. I don’t know the recipe but the ingredients are: milk, sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder, peanut butter, uncooked quick-oats, and vanilla extract. You heat up the milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and baking soda until it’s hot, then remove from the heat and add the peanut butter, oatmeal, and vanilla. You can either eat it in a bowl while it’s hot or lay out a sheet of waxed paper and put cookie-sized dollops on it. Let them cool and harden and then store them in a sealed container or a bag.

• Lady6 months agoReport

Ooooh that sounds delicious, thank you.

• denise

Rocky road / Tiffin,

Eton mess;- sliced strawberries, broken meringues, whipped cream; all stirred together.

• Mj

Bread pudding is a treat. Cheap and pretty easy.

Fruit with whipped cream.

I find the easiest thing that looks nice enough to bring somewhere as a dessert and is delicious is homemade peanut butter balls only 4 ingredients no baking required. You only need peanut butter and icing sugar, and unsalted butter. then for the outside I usually like melt some chocolate chips in the microwave to drizzle over the top, you could dip them if you want also looks nice. Some people roll in coconut instead of chocolate and call them snow balls. Other people roll I icing sugar to make the outside look pretty. You could also put rice crispys in it if you like a crunch. Lots of recipes online for this. You can keep it basic or decorate them more fancy

Here's an example

https://shewearsmanyhats.com/chocolate-peanut-butt...

• Lady6 months agoReport

That sound delicious, thank you.

probably ice crearn

• zeno

A piece of fresh pealed mango or orange or

Strawberry or kiwi or blueberries or a banana

Or dried cherries or dried cranberries.

All of them are natural beneficial foods with

Important vitamins and minerals our body

Needs to function properly.

probably ice crearn

• C

I never say no to a fruit compote with milk. It doesn't have to be fancier than that. I like a small bowl of Greek yoghurt with homemade jam, I make an excellent rhubarb, pineapple, almond conserve, or with a little runny honey and a scattering of toasted pine nuts. Maybe I'm feeling nostalgic just now, poke cake, the kind with Jell-O poured into it.. Crepes with jam and cream. Homemade sponge cake. Pears poached in ginger syrup served either warm or very cold. Baked apples, stuffed with mincemeat (the fruity kind) or ground hazelnuts and cream. Rice pudding, semolina pudding, tapioca pudding. You can even make tapioca pudding with fruit instead of milk - or chocolate, heck, you can make chocolate rice pudding too. Batter pudding with a jam or marmalade sauce. Fruit pies, cobbler, or crumble served with homemade pouring custard (can be made with just milk and eggs, the cream is an extra). Dried apricots poached in syrup, stuffed with clotted cream, chilled and scattered with finely chipped nuts.

• Dze

just pick you up one of those pre-made tubes of cookie dough to gnaw on .. cooking is optional lol ..