Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

Embarrassed that my teacher knows about my social anxiety...?!?

I totally messed up a presentation in front of my teacher because I could not think on the spot due to being so nervous. Now I feel embarrassed that he knows about my anxiety :/

• Becky

Teachers can help immensely. Or a school counselor. Trust them

• martin

Don't feel embarrassed. The fact that you have anxiety means that you have much to enjoy and feel proud about in the future. Some people aren't sensitive enough to have fear or anxiety. They make fools of themselves and never get embarrassed. You are sensitive, proving that you're intelligent. Once you have confidence in your intelligence, you will have confidence also in your ability to say smart things during a presentation.

Rather than be embarrassed ask your teacher if he can give you some assistance in overcoming anxiety. Sometimes just being in the public helps a person get used to communicating. Maybe volunteer at a hospital as a guide or telephone operator. If the anxiety continues, you may have to consider seeing a doctor

i probably wouldnt be ernbarrassed about it, you're probably not the only one shes seen like that

Okay, people do get nervous and anxious doing presentations, especially people who aren't experienced in giving them.