Astrological query? About synastry, can I?

I'm interested when a person has some planets in 7th house ( I have Sun and Mercury) and meets the another person who exactly has traits representing it (Libra, Mercurian type) together with feeling an amazing connection and Venus conjuct Descedant in Synastry, is it just acpect that CAN but not necceserily... show more I'm interested when a person has some planets in 7th house ( I have Sun and Mercury) and meets the another person who exactly has traits representing it (Libra, Mercurian type) together with feeling an amazing connection and Venus conjuct Descedant in Synastry, is it just acpect that CAN but not necceserily realise?
I had that experience and nothing positively serious happened despite me trying much.

So, my question is: even if it happens and has high realise potential, it doesn't need to happen? Does the chart only shows the chance? If yes, how then, all positive aspects, emotional maturity, patience, risk and again nothing?

What success in practise, then?