How to build back your credit?

Hey you all, I’m 23 years old and my boyfriend of 6 years ended up taking off with a financed vehicle, in both of our names, and missed two payments on it. He refuses to give me the vehicle back after our relationship ending over a year ago, and is also refusing to pay. As of now, I have gotten the vehicle paid... show more Hey you all, I’m 23 years old and my boyfriend of 6 years ended up taking off with a financed vehicle, in both of our names, and missed two payments on it. He refuses to give me the vehicle back after our relationship ending over a year ago, and is also refusing to pay. As of now, I have gotten the vehicle paid back up, but it took a hit to my credit. He ended up dropping out of medical school, quitting his job, and is evidently going across the country with whatever he has in his bank account, and is refusing to speak to me. Is this going to destroy me for the rest of my life? I have been on my own since I was 18, I have almost paid my home off, all of my personal accounts are in excellent standing, other than this one thing he caused.. I am now having to work a full time and part time job to pay for my tuition, because loans are impossible for me at this point. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a possibility I can ever recover? Please no rude comments, I’m already sick about this as it is.
6 answers 6