Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 year ago

9 year old in booster seat?

I watch a 9 year old and take her places in my car. I have a spare booster seat from my niece so I got it out for her to use when she’s with me, but i was informed by her guardian that “she’s 9 she doesn’t need a car seat, she rides in the front seat now.” This is poor parenting in my opinion because she is very small and it goes by weight/height, not age. I can’t force her guardian to make her ride in a car seat but surely I am being sensible by making her when she is with me correct?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Guidelines issued by the American Academy of Pediatrics in 2011 recommend that kids use a booster seat until they are at least 4’9” tall (57 inches) and weigh between 80 and 100 pounds. This will likely be around the ages of 8-12 years.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

It is also illegal in most states, When the kid is with you do it your way.

• 1 year ago

Did you also nurse your kids until they were 16 years old?

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Well, it would probably be safer for her to be in the booster seat, but you cant tell a 9 year old they're not allowed to do something, that will just make them want to do it more. As long as you're not in an accident, it shouldn't be an issue.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anton
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

What matters is what happens when you crash. You assume you WILL crash. She does not.

You are brainwashed by those think you need to stop ALL risks, even the slightest.

She is a good parent who is teaching her children that some risks are acceptable.

Your rules, but it it was I, and my child, and your stupid rules -- my children would not ride with you.

• 1 year ago

You are doing the correct thing. Protect the child as much as you can.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Yes this is CORRECT

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Leave her home in the future

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

your car your rules

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.