Is it wrong that my partner is taking his 10 year daughter to a tattoo studio to get her ears pierced?

My partner’s 10 year old has asked to get her ears pierced, and both of her parents have agreed to let her get them pierced once she’s finished school for the summer. As it is his weekend when she finishes for the summer, he’s taking her to get them pierced. Her mum only agreed if their daughter was taken to a... show more My partner’s 10 year old has asked to get her ears pierced, and both of her parents have agreed to let her get them pierced once she’s finished school for the summer. As it is his weekend when she finishes for the summer, he’s taking her to get them pierced. Her mum only agreed if their daughter was taken to a tattoo studio and pierced with needles rather than a piercing gun. She’s had the cartilage in one of her ears shattered from being pierced with a piercing gun when she was a teenager and doesn’t want that for her daughter.
I really don’t think it’s appropriate to take a 10 year old to a tattoo studio to get her ears pierced. Especially when she could come to my salon and get her ears pierced. I could do it myself for her. What happened to her mum was unfortunate but she shouldn’t have been getting her cartilage pierced with a piercing gun in the first place. She’s 10, she doesn’t need exposing to alternative looks and body modifications.
Should I talk to them about how inappropriate taking a 10 year old to a tattoo studio is?