Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 8 months ago

Native speakers of English, could you help me please? Is it correct to say to " a qualifying license”?

I mean the license that gives you the permission to start something, one that says “you’re qualified to start your gas station business”

Also, is it correct to say:

- a “building license” (you can start building)

- an “operating license” ( you can operate your gas station)

- a “completion/ building completion license” (we approve that you establishment is built and ready to be used)

Thanks a lot in advance

3 Answers

  • James
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    permission to build = building permit

    permission to operate a business = business license

    permission to occupy a building = certificate of occupancy

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    You are given a license to do something, like driving, after you show that you are qualified to do it, so there is no reason to say "a qualifying license." It's like saying "I'm going to Chicago on a flying airplane."

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    A building/construction "permit."

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.