How do you shoot youtube videos horizontally on iPad/phone without looking like your looking to one side?

Every video telling you how to shoot a YouTube video always says turn your phone/iPad horizontally. So now I’m shooting in landscape which is perfect. But because the camera is now to one side. It look like I’m looking away. I can turn my head so it looks like I’m facing the camera but now my neck is twisted and I... show more Every video telling you how to shoot a YouTube video always says turn your phone/iPad horizontally. So now I’m shooting in landscape which is perfect.
But because the camera is now to one side. It look like I’m looking away. I can turn my head so it looks like I’m facing the camera but now my neck is twisted and I can’t see myself on the screen.
So how does everyone else solve this problem. Everyone claiming to be using iPhones/ipads are always standing perfectly forward and looking directly in the Center. I don’t get it