Can t copy photos to usb stick. windows 10. please read below?

i have 1,241 jpeg files taken from a sony camera. i uploaded them to my windows 10 laptop. i try and download them from the laptop file to usb stick, it does download just under 100 then comes up with the rest of them being corrupt ( about 260) i cannot believe this to be correct as its the total remaining amount... show more i have 1,241 jpeg files taken from a sony camera. i uploaded them to my windows 10 laptop. i try and download them from the laptop file to usb stick, it does download just under 100 then comes up with the rest of them being corrupt ( about 260) i cannot believe this to be correct as its the total remaining amount of photos in the file. they are all the same. what is going on ?
please note, the memory stick is 32gb, plenty of room.
additional info, i am trying to put all my holiday photos from different devices all onto 1 memory stick. i have tried for all day and from some files it is ok and then some it can t read. some files get downloaded but the reader can t read them. so 2 problems i presume.
it s doing my head in. i just need some answers as to why some don t download even so they are all the same format . very frustrating.