My brother broke my car and refuses to pay?

So recently I went on vacation for a week, and while I was gone my brother asked if he could use my car during that time so he could get to work. I decided to let him use it so he could take a break from using Uber to get to work, that way he ll save more money towards getting himself a new car. However, while I... show more So recently I went on vacation for a week, and while I was gone my brother asked if he could use my car during that time so he could get to work. I decided to let him use it so he could take a break from using Uber to get to work, that way he ll save more money towards getting himself a new car. However, while I was gone he accidentally broke both of my door handles (I drive a 2 door car so now I can t get in). You have to pull the divers side door a certain way to get it open. In the 4 years I ve had my car I ve never had an issue opening it. He was running late for work and broke the handle clean off the car trying to get in. The other door has the same little kink and he broke that one too.

I told him he needs to pay to get my car door handles fixed and he refuses. Stating that there was already an issue with it so it was going to break eventually and that it s my fault for "Being too cheap to fix it" "I need to handle it myself . I just got back from vacation so I don t have any extra money atm. I m so pissed off because here I am helping his broke *** out and he screws me over. Smdh. Never again. Any advice on how I should handle this situation? I told him that since he thought something was so wrong with my car, why did he ask to use it in the first place.