How much further can we go in science?

Have we discovered all there is to know scientifically? Or have we barely begun

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Tom
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The more we discover, the more questioned are raised. We CAN, however, explain most "EVERYDAY" phenomena we may encounter, but we have barely scratched the surface of higher order physics, like Time, Space and the nature of reality yet. Even every now and then, even in everyday life we encounter "anomalies" and phenomena we can't yet explain.-------often attributed to "Superstitious explanations" (Like "ghosts", etc.) or completely ignored as we have no scientific "handle" on it yet.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The knowledge of science is limitless. You can become invisible is you have the power of knowledge to figure things out.

• 6 months ago

Newton once said we are like a kid looking at a shiny pebble on the beach. He is impressed by what he found but the entire ocean of knowledge sits undiscovered in front of him. This analogy is still true today.

• 6 months ago

two kind of humans,, those who bolt,,& those who stay put,which one are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eWTgMHZ7eU

Youtube thumbnail

those who accept popular boundaries,physical or intellectual, and those who say 'donwanna',, cuz i wanna..

It's built into the genes kiddies,escape from the crib,down the stairs,out the door ,into the street,nless ma chases him,,'comback here you lil stinkerrrrrr

• roberto
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

try democrat run international charities, state run homes & orphanages,charities operating in 3d world countries,run by UN,
      nephew years ago,was a crib bolter,sis tied up she thought securely to the rung,downstairs ten minutes after she tucks him in

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

That's really hard to say. There have been times before when people thought we had discovered all there is to know, and then, poof... some other big question opens up. Just speaking as a graduate in physics, at the start of the 20th century, it looked like that had all been done, just a bit of tidying up to do, then Einstein had a think and boom, relativity. A little later, Max Planck started thinking about black-body radiation and the "ultraviolet catastrophe", uh oh, we can't explain that, but what if radiation is actually particles... boom, quantum mechanics.

Every answer just seems to ask even more questions. Where will it end? Nobody knows.

• 6 months ago

We thought that in 1900

We since had TV, Airplanes, Space Travel and Cars

Things are just made better by people with Ideas

Look at Mobile Phones

I used to carry a Nokia that was like a Brick

Now my computer is that size

My Car has Cruise Control, Traction control, rear and front parking cameras with beeping radar

Automatic Lights and wipers

Dual control heating

I could carry an Eskimo in the passenger seat while being cosy myself

I talk to my friend in Ohio from here in Ireland by Skpe

Attachment image
    Source(s): Donald...… I hope he doesn't mind, he is the best looking guy in Ohio !! Strange looking ears though
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

yes and no. we have hardly discovered all there is in science, but we are reaching the limits of what our primitive ape brains are capable of comprehending. unless humans reach another stage of evolution and develop smarter brains, we will soon reach a point where all human progress will cease. considering the average human iq has been decreasing, not increasing, each generation compared to our ancestors, the future does not bode well for humanity.

• John
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

My nephew the particle physicist told me that we would need a particle accelerator the size of the solar system to prove string theory, so it's all moot. Why I say this is because there are many aspects to "science" and some are more understood than others. That we can't cure cancer says much about the state of biochemistry, for instance.

• 6 months ago

Probably forever

• 6 months ago

I think never-ending

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.