Cloned SSD will not boot.?

I’m attempting to switch out my 256gb M.2 SSD for a 1Tb M.2 (Samsung 970 evoplus). In the past I was able to use Samsung’s migration software and it worked perfectly. However I’ve now learned that software is useless as it won’t work for anything in an enclosure. So I thought I’d give “Macrium reflect” a try. It... show more I’m attempting to switch out my 256gb M.2 SSD for a 1Tb M.2 (Samsung 970 evoplus). In the past I was able to use Samsung’s migration software and it worked perfectly. However I’ve now learned that software is useless as it won’t work for anything in an enclosure. So I thought I’d give “Macrium reflect” a try. It cloned successfully but would not boot. So I wiped the new SSD to start fresh. Then tried AOMEI. Again it cloned successfully but got stuck in a system recovery boot loop. It seems like cloning a mirror image of the SSD is not working like these sites advertise. There is one last option that I noticed on AOMEI’s software. They have an option for “OS to SSD”. Is that what I need to be doing since cloning isn’t working?
1 answer 1