Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelOther - Destinations · 6 months ago

I want to go to south Korea is there anything I should look out for while I am there?

It is a fun place to travel too. Watch out for the food, it can be really HOT. Most women will not date a foreigner, but there are always hookers to be with. English or other foreign languages are not commonly used. It can be very COLD certain times of the year. Most store sales people will not answer questions about products, OR they will charge you a dollar a question to help you!!! Trains are great, but city transportation is very crowded. Buy your intercity train tickets in advance. Do not talk politics..especially about North Korea or Japan. Be serious in your demeanor, Koreans think you are crazy if you smile or laugh a lot. If you use a public jacuzzi or bath, do NOT use soap or shampoo. (You actually wash up before you go in). Do not litter.

I hope those will give you some idea of things to look out for in South Korea.

• Toruko

Women who are not discriminated against because of their gender.

You can go to the 38th parallel

See if those Asian girls make those hilarious sounds while getting rocked...

Be on the lookout for Kim Jong Un.

kpop !!!! .......................................

Not really anything specific. There is crime everywhere but it is a relatively safe place to travel. I lived and travelled there alone and I never felt unsafe anywhere. It's interesting, inexpensive, and the food is good. Of course it is crowded and there are idiosyncrasies that one has to adjust to but that is true in a lot of places. Koreans are generally friendly and welcoming though social conventions tend to be followed more strictly than in the west.