What is gamma globulin? What do low gamma globulin levels indicate? Is there a way to increase gamma globulin levels without treatment?

I have been donating plasma for approximately 8 years. In the past couple of years, I have consistently had low levels of gamma globulin every 4-6 months when blood samples are taken from donors. However, the levels usually increase naturally and are at "normal levels" within 1-2 weeks. I am just... show more I have been donating plasma for approximately 8 years. In the past couple of years, I have consistently had low levels of gamma globulin every 4-6 months when blood samples are taken from donors. However, the levels usually increase naturally and are at "normal levels" within 1-2 weeks.

I am just curious as to what causes low levels of gamma globulin and what can be done, if anything, to increase gamma globulin levels (supplements, vitamins, etc.).
1 answer 1