onthe45 asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 6 months ago

Do you think Amanda Knox was actively involved in the murder of Meredith kercher?

No, it was that African dude, a rapist who played the race card.

How can it matter what anyone here 'thinks' about Amanda Knox?

The strange thing about many high-profile legal cases is they end up a matter of public perception. A great legal novel by Zola, La Bete humaine, tells the story of two men, one a monstrous loathesome brute and a morally upright citizen who is well-liked and respectable. Of coarse the well-respected man commits a heinous murder but the public is too willing to condemn the brute who is accused of the murder.

The facts seem to support another murderer and Amanda Knox was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She was weird, involved in drugs and maybe some weird sex, but that does not mean she murdered her roommate.

I recall visiting a couple, friends of my sister, and they ranted and raved on how evil and guilty Amanda Knox was. They were among those who just did not like her. Nobody ever had proof of anything- it was all supposition and far too subject to opinion and perception.

Psychologists say 1 out of 10 people have psychopath tendencies. So if any murder suspect has a 1 in 10 chance of being a psychopath, that 1 out of 10 person is going to be perceived as guilty based on their actions. Even innocent people with psychiatric issues will act strange and this will automatically draw suspicion on them. Some people act with callous indifference at the death of a friend or family member- but if it were a murder victim, that callousness will draw suspicion. "When he learned his wife had been murdered, he had no reaction. Not even a tear. Must be guilty!" Not necessarily.

She is guilty of being an ego centric selfish, unconcerned for others and narcissistic & naïve l, but i dont think she is a murderer. I think she is not a very likeable person, true, she seems very narcissistic and that is one of reasons that got her in trouble. the Italians hated her mannerisms, ego centric narcissism so much that they WANTED to believe she was guilty . she typified the "stupid, careless, selfish American " that so many hate over there, especially in a man's world such as Italy has always been.

• Sharon

no, just prejudice against a foreigner and journalistic hype convicted her

• Ludwig

Yes. We should spend more on getting her extradited to the UK instead of funding police to look for 'Maddy'.

Of course not. Not actively, not passively, not remotely. That this is even a question in anyone's mind makes me deeply mistrustful of anyone's perception. Geude belongs in prison for life, but thanks to you f#cking idiots, he got released on a plea deal. The actual murderer Geude is free and no one cares. He and Giuliano Mignini belong in prison.

I find it especially weird that a black immigrant murderer was let go so society could play out their deranged fantasies about a pretty white girl being into Satanic orgies.

• Roger

I'm only an amateur student of true crime, but from what I have read about this case, Amanda Knox seems unlikely to have been involved in killing Meredith Kercher. I can't see a motive, either a short term one that would have prompted the rage necessary to commit this act or a long-term animosity toward Kercher. Knox seems to me to have been more involved with her connection to Rafael Sollecito than anything else. That Knox acted foolishly and in ways that can be construed as pointing to involvement is true. However, her actions are more those of a naive, not-quite-grown-up woman than those of someone who would knock a friend's head against the wall, restrain her while she was attacked, and then fake a burglary. That litany of calculation and violence does not correspond to Knox's manner or with her efforts to understand the situation in which she, just out of her teens, found herself.

• ?

I don't think so, but my opinion has no bearing on anything.

No it was another African like the one who killed Pamela Mastropietro