What are the best small towns to live in near Clemson SC?

I am planning on moving to South Carolina at the end of August 2019. I have never lived outside of VA before so I am a little unaware of the area. I was looking for either a place in the moutains with lots of trees and privacy (top choice) or a small town (around 550-600 or cheaper a month). I tried city living,... show more I am planning on moving to South Carolina at the end of August 2019. I have never lived outside of VA before so I am a little unaware of the area. I was looking for either a place in the moutains with lots of trees and privacy (top choice) or a small town (around 550-600 or cheaper a month). I tried city living, hated it, and thats why I would like to live somewhere a bit more peaceful but that is within an hour to an hour and a half drive to Clemson University (no student housing, I have a pit, 2 cats, and my boyfriend who will be moving with me). If any areas or places come to mind please feel free to refer them, I am not having much luck just going a google search. Thank you for your time!
2 answers 2