Bedbugs: what s safe to bring to my next apartment without needing to wash?

im moving out in july and the last thing i want is to bring them with me. and i mean things along the line of open bags of pasta, tea cans, books. are those safe to assume bedbugs won t be in? i know they are places they generally do not go but my apartment is very small and I recently found out that by using store... show more im moving out in july and the last thing i want is to bring them with me. and i mean things along the line of open bags of pasta, tea cans, books. are those safe to assume bedbugs won t be in? i know they are places they generally do not go but my apartment is very small and I recently found out that by using store bought products on my mattress i just made them more likely to hide anywhere but on my mattress. for those who will inevitably ask why i don t just get my place treated ill write the whole story below. cheers!
when we had a bedbug incident in my building instead of getting the whole building treated (there is literally one big carpet that makes up the whole building floor so yeah) they only treated the couple app in proximity of the person who brought them in. this was back in november and a couple weeks later i found one in my bed and immediately got some store bought product to treat my bed unknowingly to me at the time that would only make them hide elsewhere instead of eliminate them. I called my landlord and explained the situation explaining that i d used product on my mattress and they therefore probably wouldn t find any on mine but that i couldn t be the only one with them and they should probably investigate. fast forward months later I was getting eaten alive by these pests and the landlord did nothing about it because they couldn t find anything on my mattress. Well I found another one in my bed lately. Called again & still waiting for a call back.