Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 6 months ago

What identity is the most important for you: gender, nationality, city/region; religion/atheism; age; generation; race(color)?

Favorite Answer

To be bonest none of them are important to me. As long as im living a life thats pleasing to God and obeying Him nothing else really matters. Being concerned about those things makes you care about those things which means if people dont treat your identity with the respect you think it should get you get offended and that causes strife and division. Jesus said to die to yourself daily. Part of dying to yoyrself is laying down your identity and puttig on His. When they mocked Him spit on Him Put a crown of thorns on His head and nailed Him to the cross he took it and accepted it even though He was God He laid his identity aside. As a christian we lay aside our identity as jesus did with hope of recieving a greater reward in Gods kingdom which is soon to come.

Philippians 1

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The individual is the most important identity to me.

• T'rone

I identify as Californian the most, then Jewish/white and gay then conservative. I was never called a conservative and I haven't changed that much but the liberal movement has been taken over by the communists so now I'm a 'right-winger' unless, of course, you are a true right-winger, then I'm called a liberal

• Zirp

In my country I identify as city/region, and/or as leftist

abroad I identify as Dutch

but questions about the answerer are not allowed here

• Foofa

The only "identity" in someone else that matters to me is where they're registered to vote and whether or not they pay taxes.

I literally never think about this.

Individual unit of Unity

City, although gender, religion, generation and nationality are also important to some extent

Race(color) and age are not that important to me

My identity is in Jesus the Christ.

Through Him I have been made righteous:

I am a child of God.