Should I Move On From My Ex?

SO BASICALLY:

I ve been dating this girl since 10th grade. I m 19 now. We ve been through a multitude of hardships, romance, and whatever the hell is synonymous with relationships nowadays. I must admit, I was not the best boyfriend to her. I never cheated on her or anything..but I wasn t being that supportive and loving person that she wanted. She would say metion a fault in the relationship and I would ridicule her and say she s overreacting or she doesn t know whar she s talking about. "You don t call me!" "You keep making me feel this way and you should stop". My rebuttals would always stray away from taking responsibility. Instead of taking the criticism, I would turn it back on her. I d always make her feel like she was in the wrong for thinking stuff like that (I thought I was being a good boyfriend but it s the little things that really count). Those situations were very reoccurring (which is essentially the reason she called things off with me). So now I m in a rut because she s constantly distancing herself no matter how hard I ve been trying to change. There s more this story but yahoo doesn t allow that many characters.

Favorite Answer

I am just happy that You have admitted yourself that you were in the wrong. A relationship is about two people who support and care about each other. And this is mutual. In your case you were not an "exceptional" bf but that doesn't mean you can't be. Talk to her about what you have been thinking... Unless you've already been down this road before and said you would change when you never do. Otherwise don't move on just yet until you hear from her that she isn't willing to give you a second chance.

YES. Everyone should.

You sound like my sisters boyfriend that she has right now. Always pointing the finger at her and making her feel it’s her that’s doing wrong.

I think he’s cheating on her. I know he lies to her a lot and she just believes everything is okay when it’s “fixed.” She gives him too many chances. Hope one day she leaves his scummy a$$.

There’s only so much someone can take before they are totally done with the bull.

Women and men take advantage of the good in their partner. Then when they lose that person, they start knowing what went wrong.

My dad was the same way to my mom. He left and realizes what he lost.

You need to talk to her before you just up and end it. You can't really say " i thought i was being a good boyfriend" when you knew you were wrong and immaturely turned it back to her bc apparently the truth was gonna kill you. Just talk to her first and tell her about how you wanna change and then after that dont do any of the stupid things u did again.

• Alan H

You behaved like a self-centred child but now realise it.

No point in doing anything unless you are really keen: in that case, speak to her face to face, apologise, admit you were self absorbed. You may have a chance but do not build up your hopes

Sure. Move on. He hates you anyways

Negotiate with her first.If that doesnt get her interested then its over.Call it a day and move on.Learn from your mistakes.Be wiser for the experiences.Next girl you get involve with just make the effort to get it right.

I mean you did it to yourself... If it makes it easier just know that it was just not meant to be and will never be

SO BASICALLY:

Yes you should move on. You should also learn basic grammar, which will hopefully teach you that saying "so basically" is not how to start a sentence, even if you abuse your CAPS key while doing it.

99% of teenage romances, as intense as they are, don't last half as long as yours did. And while you're learning grammar, you also might want to grow a spine.

Everything you mentioned in your mini-novel of a question was about you not trying hard enough to make the relationship perfect. News flash, buddy: You fell hopelessly in love with a self-worshipping drama princess. I don't care how gorgeous she is, she's not worth what you went through for her.

• Victor6 months agoReport

Why was attacking my grammar necessary?

• Foofa

Four years is a long time for a high school romance to go on and statistically most don't last past the college years. So it's probably time for both of you to disconnect so you can go out and experience the world in the way that'll be necessarily to your maturation.

I would call her and ask to meet her or even just email her but put this all before her. You realize you weren't supportive, you are going to really try to change, you miss her and still want to be with her. Say what you said above and a bit more and maybe she'll give you another shot. If she still says no then you are just going to have to move on but I'd give it one more shot, your best shot, if you still want to be with her.

• Victor6 months agoReport

Thing is, I did. She just doesn't want a relationship even after the growth I've went through. There's a lot more stuff I wrote. I cannot seem to move on